Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Love Affair With Innodata Part2

"...In the greater scheme of things, however, what I have become because of Innodata--the wonderful journey of becoming in Innodata's fold--far outweighs any pain that I had suffered. In fact, pain is all a part of those wonderful romance, that I, when given another opportunity would willingly embrace again."  
So I said in my blog of this title--minus the Part2 part--posted on February 3, 2009. Written due to some serious bout of nostalgia, I had never thought then that I would again find myself in Innodata's instructing embrace a few months later. May of the same year, I was taken in again by my beloved. And yet again, December of 2010-- I left.
When asked by a friend why I left when it is obvious that I love that company so much; all I can say is that sometimes you need to distance yourself from those that you love so that you can give them more. Ironic huh? But that's true. 
Moving around gives you a lot of perspective. A lot more points of reference on how you see, evaluate and understand things.
But this time, I have actually not move around. I stayed put, waiting. Waiting for the right time to return...to connect again. And I did not wait long.
A couple of months after that I have returned.  In a different name... but connecting to the same beloved Innodatans. This time the experience is more demanding but definitely from more instructive. 
The second chapter of this love affair was teaching me, among other things, on how to deal with attitude's you least like or hated even. You avoid them like the plague. You shake your head. You hold back. And you run. Just to avoid these type of people.
But sometimes fate do this to you.You are pushed to the wall, where all you can do is close your eyes for a few moments, take a deep breath then face it head on. You have to endure it in order to learn and deal with your own fears. And dealing with it, I did. Can you imagine being told that you make up stories in your mind and believed it--just because you are viewing things very differently than this person does! Hey, what am I, a nut case?!? Another major part of that among other things in the teaching department is acceptance plus forgiveness. Accept the attitude...period. Forgive malicious intent with no conditions.
Leaving strengthens the learning. It does, for me... always! Right now I am where I need to be. To experience, to endure, to learn. But most of all... this time I should keep my eyes on the joys of working. Find happiness in the job I often enough lost sleep over. Happiness and a sense of fulfillment do, without a doubt, see you through any plague
...Or else ... you'll be reading part 3 of where I spend the biggest chunk of my career, sooner than I intend to. :D  

1 comment:

www.hreric.com said...

" sometimes you need to distance yourself from those that you love so that you can give them more."

SO TRUE,there are times that we need to give space for growth, for new learnings.