Friday, June 6, 2008

Boredom: the Segue


Life really delivers... That's what i've mentioned previously in boredom. Two months after feeling really bored almost to death, i am now faced with work that again keeps me busy even during sleep.

I am back to my working mode and again my middle name becomes Busy, Busy, Busy. But hey, who's complaining (we'll honestly i do sometimes hehehe). But then again, B is my most favorite middle initial.

My being busy now is good, better, and best. I believe I have really landed my true calling this time--training and organizational development. I like it coz they make me not only physically busy but also mentally and emotionally.

I have come to an organization where the leadership is geared towards developing people. An organization with a visionary leader who does not shrink from the hurdles and challenges of corporate becoming. A leader who aims, targets, and expect to hit the bullseye!
Most important of all, a leader who brings the challenges to its people, fitting them up for battle, and then confidently expecting them to win with him.

We'll, those who know me would sagely say that it's still too early to tell if i would stay. I agree, and knowing me as i know me, i believe it is always prudent not to count the years already before im actually spending it with this same organization.

Fine. But this early I can already say-- this is the best learning field for me and because of that the wisest thing for me to do is square my shoulders, exercise my heart muscles and forget for the time being that oftentimes it's best to distance yourself from some negativities.

As it is, that boredom episode have me really energized. Now I know I have more stamina and more energized for this new adventure I called--wood works.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had time to browse your blog and I am surprise that you are a "BLOGGER". Nothing against them. I guess everybody is doing it.
I am sure you welcome the idea of having someplace to write out all the musings in that lovely head of yours. I, on the other hand, prefer to leave my deepest yearnings to myself. You are BORED huh? It is a problem that I want to have. I bury myself in my work so I don't have time to think because that is my downfall---thinking too much. That is the reason for my failed relationships. I have the bad habit of not letting anybody in my thoughts. My thoughts, desires, yearnings....these are all mine and nobody else will ever have them so I guard them very well. You must think I am asinine and maybe I am but I am the only one that knows it. LOL
I love the fact that you have a blog. You are brave enough to show people who you are and what a wonderful person you are. I have no such courage. Maybe when I am bored, I will find myself writing down what's in my mind so I can leave traces of myself hence leaving something in this world when I am gone.
Keep writing my friend. You have a unique gift, use it well. I envy you because it is something I can never bring myself to do. I look forward to your future thoughts.

May I make a suggestion? Do a book review. I will offer some titles that I have read if you have a section for book reviewsa.


Eliza

ladyalchemist said...

Hi Liz,

Never think that I thought you are asinine, far from it. In fact you are one of the few intelligent people that i have the fortune to meet in this lifetime.
Keeping our thoughts to ourselves doesn't mean we are mindless, we just value our privacy more than anyone else.
I would really love to read your thoughts also, but if you are not comfortable sharing those thoughts online you can always write it in a paper journal and bring it with you on August for Charisse and me to read hehehe.
We'll anyway, yeah writing is good.
For me it's oftentimes cleansing and clarifying. Keeps me posted with own thoughts hehehe.

About book reviews, yes, I will eventually do it. And i would always welcome book suggestions from you.

Kattleya said...

miss au,

try kunog dance to the tune of "low" in front of the mirror. makarelieve gyud siya ug boredom. promise. hehe.

ladyalchemist said...

unsa nang low Katt?

Kattleya said...

low, kana gung uso ron ug sayawon sa asap pirmi. it goes like this...apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur, the whole club is looking at her, she hits the floor, next thing you know, shawty got low, low, low, low, low...hehehe