Sunday, May 18, 2008

Friends

To say that true friends are the best treasure we will find in this life is an understatement.

Without discounting of course, immediate family members, friends have been an important source of strength and inspiration. Friends will be there when you most needed them even if sometimes you think otherwise. They offer you a sense of balance and perspective. They will cry when you cry and rejoice in your moments of triumph.


In my life i have met and found friends of the rarest kind. A gem i can treasure forever. Oh no not a gem--but gems, for there were not just a handful. They are those who have stuck with me all through these years.


Friends who by now have seen me shed buckets of tears. Friends who have offered me comfort and solace during those trying times and friends who have been there to cheer me up and pushed me forward to go for the ---gold?. No... not gold, but go for what i always fought for---doing what i think is right.


But not only that, there have also been friends who humbly share with me their pains and worries. Friends who felt comfortable crying on my shoulder. More than anything, these gems have made my life more meaningful and fruitful. They have shown to be the best kind of trust. A humbling and inspiring experience.

There are also friends who pushed you to your limits. They sometimes hurt you but really they meant well. These people serves as your stricter guide. They keep you on edge. Make you watch your steps. And if you allow them to, make you an even more better person.

So to all my friends out there... Thanks!


No comments: